Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Last season's fantasy football

Last season was an interesting season as far as fantasy football was concerned. My team, the Fighting Squiggles, who had a squiggle on their logo, finished in a disappointing fourth place. Despite ridiculous strength at QB and RB, with Roethlisberger, Ryan and Tebow at quarterback and Rice, Mendenhall, Lynch and Sproles at running back, I was plagued by inconsistency at other positions, despite having players like Dwayne Bowe and Mike Wallace. I was forced to rely on people like Laurent Robinson. And at tight end and defense, I was hopeless. I actually finished the season with Kellen Winslow and the Redskins defense. I slipped in as the fourth seed, and I still had lofty goals for the playoffs, but I suffered a first-round exit against the top seed "Newton Flames," and I also failed in the third place game. I only bring this up because I just read a book called Fantasyland by Sam Walker about a sportswriter who tries to win the country's most competitive fantasy baseball league. I highly recommend it. Anyway, this made me look forward to next season while also looking at last year's results.

No comments: